15th February 2018
Dual Fuel Smart Metering Apprenticeships
Interested? Send your CV today!
We work closely with many utility companies and one of our partners are now offering a 54-week structured Apprenticeship programme to become a Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer which is designed to combine practical, classroom and field activity so that you’ll have the confidence and skills to one day fit smart meters by yourself. And as you learn, you’ll also get paid, and if you apply yourself, we’ll give you a permanent job at the end of it all. It’s an apprenticeship that’s going to make a big impact to the communities you work in.
Individuals will be required to complete a 20-week training course at Utilities Academy in Bolton in April 2018 (other dates may be available for training). Whilst on the course you will be provided everything you need to ensure you are ready to hit the ground running and to become a successful Smart Engineer. You do not need any experience as an Engineer or in the energy industry as full training is provided.
What’s in it for you?
· Starting Salary £17,580
· £20,000 after 20 weeks training
· £25,000 after 54 weeks
· Rising to £30,000 after 6mths Competency Objectives completion
· 40 hours per week (sat rota 8 – 5)
· 31 days Holidays (includes Bank Holidays)
· Accommodation whilst training
· Tools/PPE & Phone Provided
We’re looking for people in: Chester, Stoke, Gloucester, Bolton, Huddersfield, Leeds, Sheffield, Coventry, Watford, and St Helens
Ideally, this means you’ll live locally to one of these areas.
Candidates must have:
· A current full UK driving licence
· Over 21 years of age
· Excellent interpersonal skills, as you will be facing customer on a daily basis.
· Clean Criminal Record.
· References from all previous employers for a min of at least 5 years.
· A flexible approach to work
Please send CV’s to email@example.com
Successful candidates will be invited to an open day event in either Bolton or Barwell where you will have a face to face interview and will be assessed in Maths, English and a dexterity test.